SHAH ALAM, Jan 8 – A total of 19,176 families have received cash assistance amounting to RM19.236 million under the Selangor Bangkit (BSB) Assistance programme as of January 7, said Selangor Menteri Besar Dato Seri Amirudin Shari at a press conference on Friday.
In total more than 30,000 families in the state are expected receive the cash assistance.
The distribution so far includes RM1,000 assistance each to more than 11,000 heads of households who had taken shelter at the temporary flood relief centres in the state as well as those who did not.
The first phase of the BSB, starting with those who had stayed at the PPS has been completed by Thursday, but the distribution is expected to continue for those who did not stay at the PPS.
The state government last month announce a fund of RM100 million for recovery efforts in the state following the Dec 17 and 18 floods that devastated the state with many houses and business premises inundated by flood waters for several days.
Apart from rebuilding affected infrastructures, the funds included providing cash assistance to affected families.
At the press conference, Amirudin also announced that all flood victims have returned to their homes with the last families leaving the relief centre in Ulu Langat.
With this, all relief centres have been closed now and the efforts will continue with recovery and rebuilding.
He said more than 47,000 families had been affected by the floods.