Perak cops get full medical report on MCKK bullying case

IPOH, Nov 24: Perak police today received the full medical report regarding the bullying case at Malay College Kuala Kangsar (MCKK) from Kuala Kangsar Hospital (HKK).

Perak police chief Datuk Seri Mohd Yusri Hassan Basri said investigation papers for the case will be resubmitted to the Attorney-General’s Chambers next week.

“When the investigation papers are complete, we will send them back to the Attorney-General’s Chambers to receive further instructions, whether to press charges or otherwise,” he told newsmen at the Perak Contingent Police Headquarters here.

The media had reported previously that police had opened an investigation paper after receiving reports on the alleged incident on Sept 24.

In the incident, three Form Four male students were allegedly assaulted by four Form Five students, and the victims were taken to HKK for treatment.

Mohd Yusri also said the police have not received any requests from any party to settle the issue out of court. 

Separately, Perak police took down four reports of hoax bomb threats sent via email involving schools in the state since last Tuesday, involving international schools in Ipoh and Kampar, as well as special education schools in Manjung and Taiping.

“Although these bomb threats turned out to be hoaxes, further investigations are still being carried out. Reports have been sent to the Elite Crime Investigation Unit (USJT) of the Criminal Investigation Department at Bukit Aman for further action.

“The police never take such threats lightly because they involve public interest, especially in schools. Actions such as evacuations for safety purposes in the affected areas were carried out according to the established standard operating procedures,” he said.

The media reported that the police have received a total of 51 reports involving 51 schools in several states regarding hoax bomb threats.

According to the Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (JSJ) director, Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain, the increase in reports was due to recipients of emails reading them late, even though the threats were sent almost simultaneously.