PUTRAJAYA, June 11 – The Movement Control Order will be extended for another two weeks from June 15 to June 28 to continue to bring under containment the COVID-19 pandemic, Senior Minister (Security Cluster), Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in a statement today.
He said the decision was made in view of the continuing high number of COVID-19 cases in the country, as reported by the Ministry of Health.
He said the decision was made at a special meeting chaired by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Muhyiddin Yassin.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry in its daily update reported another 84 deaths due to the virus. The country also saw the highest daily number of recoveries at 7,749 in the last 24 hours. This brought the number of recoveries so far to 563,779.
New cases of 6,849 were reported including four imported cases, raising total number of cases to 646,411.
A total of 3,768 people have also died from the virus so far, while 912 people are fighting for their lives in the intensive care units. A total of 458 people are on assisted breathing.