Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor released under investigation – BBC

LONDON, Feb 19: Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor who had been arrested earlier on Thursday in the United Kingdom (UK) on suspicion of misconduct in public office was released under investigation several hours later, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) reported.

According to the BBC, Andrew was “pictured returning to Sandringham Estate after his arrest this morning” and said to have left the Aylsham police station in Norfolk at about 7pm local time.

In a report Thursday evening, a BERNAMA/PA Media/dpa said that the Thames Valley Police confirmed Andrew’s Thursday morning following allegations made against the former prince after the release of millions of pages of files related to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Pictures had widely circulated online, showing unmarked police cars attending Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk, with plain-clothed officers appearing to gather outside Andrew’s home.

Thames Valley Police previously said the force was reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Jeffrey Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Andrew, and claims he shared sensitive information with the paedophile while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.

–WE